Bookmarklets for Advanced Contributors and Corpus MaintainersTo make linking 2 sentences easy, drag one of the following links to your bookmarks bar.
- Link 2 Sentences - Z
- To link a sentence to the main sentence on a tatoeba.org sentence page, you just input the other sentence's number.
- Read Zifre's Wall Posting about this bookmarklet.)
- Advantages: You only need to enter one thing. Since you are on one of the pages, it helps verify that your linking to the correct sentence.
- Disadvantage: You can't copy and paste a URL, but need to input just the sentence number.
- Link 2 Sentences - A
(AlanF_US's adaptation of Zifre's Bookmarklet)
- This one allows you to enter a complete URL or a sentence number.
- You need to enter the numbers or URLs for both sentences, so you can link sentences together from anywhere. It doesn't matter what page you are on.
- Advantages: You can copy and paste URLs. You can link from anywhere.
- Disadvantage: You have to copy and paste twice to link sentences.
Find Good English Sentences to Translate
- Translating sentences with audio is fun.
- Audio sentences are less likely to have errors, since in the process of recording, they get proofread one extra time.
- See: http://bit.ly/tatoebauntranslated.
How to Quickly Do a Lot of LinkingFrom Trang's Blog:
In April, 2011, I've implemented the possibility to filter the languages of the translations. If you go to your settings, and add "jpn,hun,swe" in the languages field, you will only see translations in Japanese, Hungarian and Swedish. You will still be able to view sentences in all the languages though, only the translations are filtered. And by the way, if you want to know what is the language code of a language, they are listed in the sentences statistics page.
So with all these features, if you are a trusted user (now called "advanced contributor") and in the mood for massive linking, what I'd advise you to do is the following.
- Go to your settings and your languages in which you are able to link. This way, you will not be annoyed translations you don't understand in sentences that have 50+ translations.
- Browse your sentences in "translate" mode, and link anything you can link. Actually, you can even browse sentences of anyone you want, and link anything you can link.
- When you're done, you can go back to your settings and erase the languages, so that you can see again the translations in all languages.