Find Good Sentences to Translate
- Translating sentences with audio is fun.
- Audio sentences are less likely to have errors, since in the process of recording, they get proofread one extra time.
- See (newer page): Finding Good English Sentences to Translate
- See (older page - pre-2015 method): http://bit.ly/tatoebauntranslated.
This is still useful for languages other than English.
How to Quickly Do a Lot of LinkingFrom Trang's Blog:
In April, 2011, I've implemented the possibility to filter the languages of the translations. If you go to your settings, and add "jpn,hun,swe" in the languages field, you will only see translations in Japanese, Hungarian and Swedish. You will still be able to view sentences in all the languages though, only the translations are filtered. And by the way, if you want to know what is the language code of a language, they are listed in the sentences statistics page.
So with all these features, if you are a trusted user (now called "advanced contributor") and in the mood for massive linking, what I'd advise you to do is the following.
- Go to your settings and your languages in which you are able to link. This way, you will not be annoyed by translations you don't understand in sentences that have 50+ translations.
- Browse your sentences in "translate" mode, and link anything you can link. Actually, you can even browse sentences of anyone you want, and link anything you can link.
- When you're done, you can go back to your settings and erase the languages, so that you can see again the translations in all languages.
- How to Import Tatoeba.org's Sentences into a MySQL database (By lionstone)
- Sphinx.conf for fast-searching tatoeba (By lionstone)
- Martin Swift's Tatoeba Stuff Page (By Swift)
- Extracting Multilingual Parallel Sentences from tatoeba.org (By Masato Hagiwara)
The following no longer work because tatoeba.org has changed.
Bookmarklets for Advanced Contributors and Corpus MaintainersTo make linking 2 sentences easy, drag one of the following links to your bookmarks bar.
Updated Versions: January 5, 2014I personally only use the first one (Link to this sentence - A).
Link 2 Sentences - A
- You need to enter the numbers or URLs for both sentences, so you can link sentences together from anywhere. It doesn't matter what page you are on.